If possible please try to ring our appointments line before 11 am if you require a home visit. A doctor may phone you back, as it may be that your problem can be dealt with by telephone advice, or indeed arrange a hospital attendance.
House visits are only available for patients who are housebound because of illness or disability. In most cases young adults or children will be expected to attend the surgery. Lack of transport is not a reason to visit at home. This is because several patients can be seen in the practice in the time that it takes to make one home visit. A more complete service can be offered at the surgery as there are better facilities for examining and treating patients.
To request a home visit please ring 01384 460999.
A doctor will make a home visit if:
- Patients who are genuinely unable to leave their house for medical reasons
- Terminally ill patients
- Patients who would be caused serious harm if moved
Patients will be asked to visit the practice:
- For children, young people or patients who are mobile
- Lack of money or transport should not be used as a reason for a home visit
- Patients who do not want to come to the surgery
If you are able to attend other appointments, for example the hospital, or you visit the shops or friends you will be asked to attend the surgery.